Verilux Original Natural Spectrum Deluxe Floor Lamp Burl


Very good light...4

I generally review 3 kinds of stuff: (1) knocks my socks off (2) annoys me or (3)has some feature that hasn't been mentioned but I think should be. This lamp doesn't fit into any of these categories but it's a good lamp. One feature that I like is the 2-light-level switch. I often use the lower level to augment available daylight and the upper level when I'm reading with an overhead light on. I'm not fond of using it as the sole light source. This is partly due to the fact that the light from the lamp looks unusually cold (think of the "white" glary headlights of a modern car). And partly it is due to the smallish "pool" of light given off by the lamp. If you're reading a book or knitting a small pool of light works well. For a newspaper however not very. Would other lamps work better? Probably not.

Bottom line: Am I happy with it? Yes. I like the little platform thing which I use for a pad and pen. I like the adjustability of the light (the goose-neck feature which because it's a floor lamp I won't change very often). The whole thing seems sturdy and well-made. I like having two light levels. The diffuser that attaches under the bulb to prevent the light from shining directly in your eyes is also a nice touch.

It just didn't knock my socks off.

More detail ...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List